Wednesday, September 1, 2010

NY/NJ

New York has been the state of half days, with 3 days in a row of 30 miles or less.  Had a really fun show in Kingston, NY and a great visit with my wonderful hosts Kristen and Miguel.  Then rode past Ellenville and camped on the towpath of the D+H canal, the 1800's way to get from the Hudson River to the Delaware.  In 2010 I recommend a bicycle.  Found myself in Port Jervis by 11 am on Tuesday and had a great afternoon hanging out at the Port Java Cafe with Judy and whoever else popped in there.  The show was really special, a great community audience, great singers!!  Today I was lucky enough to ride on back roads through the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation area.   A great ride, including the very challenging hill with brought me to the top of the Appalachians.  I am currently at the Musconetcong Watershed Association Headquarters (A LEED Certified building!!) and it looks like it's going to be a great show tonight!



No comments:

Post a Comment